“It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out.”
This verse in Proverbs 25: 2 has a powerful reminder for each of God’s children who are called to be royal priests.
The greatness of God is that from the beginning of the earth the Lord has concealed many things for man to learn, discover, and improvise. From natural things like gold, diamond, electricity, and other great discoveries to things like discovering the spiritual things of God.
God repeatedly calls His children to seek him. There is a glory and a blessing to those who diligently seek Him.
Here are five things to remember about seeking.
1. Be founded in the Word. Every other motivation to seek God will soon loose power. Motivations from books, preachers and other external sources are temporary. “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.” John 15: 7 Make loving the Bible your everyday habit. That will cause you to be God centered and motivated in your seeking.
2. Seek along seekers. Mat 18: 19 talks about the power of two agreeing on earth about anything they ask and it will be done for them by the Father in Heaven. 2 Tim 2: 22 urges us to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Yes, it is important to make sure those with you seek God with you with pure motives.
3. Seek with total faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Matt 21: 22 says, “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” God is moved by your implicit trust in His ways for your life.
4. Seek with expectation. Now that you did seek, expect God to answer. Live and act in faith that God has answered your prayers. Believe in the Word, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” 1 Cor 2: 9
5. Be persistent. Be cautious that the enemy who knows the secret in seeking will try to tire you down. The enemy will try to disappoint you and cause you to disheartened. That way he can steal away the blessing God has for you in your life. Ask then seek and knock till you find the answer. You have not failed till you quit.
The smartest thing to pursue on earth are the things that are eternal.
Seek Him everyday. Study the Bible to know the concealed secrets of heaven. Pursue God. Passionately attend every meeting you can. Pray more than yesterday.
Let us search the things of God more passionately than ever. For that will be the glory of your life on earth that you know God more closer and deeper everyday.
Now would you share with us what you’ve learnt about seeking? What keeps you motivated to pursue God with all your heart?