And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.
Series: Incense of Prayer
This verse gives us a description about Heaven. The book of Revelation is all about Heaven, about God’s dwelling, about God’s heart, all about Jesus and gives us a glimpse about Jesus that we’ve not seen anywhere else in the Scripture. Though it confirms a lot of the things that we’ve read about in the Bible, how in shadows and in different ways we hear about Heaven, it gets exemplified in book of Revelation and gets portrayed beautifully in the book of Revelation.
In fact, Revelation chapter 8 mentions all over again that there was incense in Heaven which was the prayer of God’s people. Now this is a beautiful perspective.
– Incense on earth is to bring aroma into a place, to change the atmosphere in an area, to change the ambience.- What is the ambience of Heaven ?
(1) Ambience of Heaven is not by the beautiful harp being played or elders or angels or the glorious worship of seraphim (Bible in fact says in Isaiah 6: when the mighty seraphim worshiped God, the whole place shook with the sound of worship) That’s how powerful their worship is!
(2) But its still not what sets the ambience in Heaven, although they’re an ever present entity of Heaven.
(3) But the aroma of Heaven is really set by the golden bowls which are the prayers of God’s people.So imagine the power that we carry in our prayer, the power in our walk with God? It has the capacity to set the ambience of Heaven.
– What happens as results of ambience ?
If we set an ambience of heavy music and party atmosphere in our home, anybody that walks in, it automatically creates an ambience where theyr’e expected to party. Such is also the case with discos, clubs and pubs. The same idea with restaurants, churches etc.
The Lord wants Heaven’s ambience to come from the heart of His children. That is how much He values our prayers. The Lord decorates Heaven with our worship which brings in the aroma to fill Heaven.
This is why we should take our prayer lives very seriously – worship and decorate Heaven!
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!