An Obligation to Love
Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.
Series: Who’s My Neighbour?
In our lives, we need to be extremely conscious about who our neighbour is and they are the hurting people, people who need a touch from God’s presence, whom we can minister to on God’s behalf, the people to whom we can be God’s voice, to whom we can be God’s channel of love.
Important points in Romans 13:8
- We are no longer under the law of Moses but we are under the law of the Spirit.
- When you love people, you are fulfilling the requirements of God’s law without your understanding.
- Nobody can do this for us. As believers in Christ, we have been redesigned to love others. We are obligated to love people around us and express a lifestyle of God’s love. Jesus Himself emphasized the importance of loving our neighbours.
- We have an obligation to love the other person, to care for others, to be the father or mother that somebody needs; we have this obligation to love like Jesus.
- Sometimes we get caught up in our own lives, our own immediate family and friends, and our minds revolve around us only, but we need to change this, have a holy repentance to change our mindsets and our attitude towards the people around us, and to understand that we are obligated to love the other person, to show the love of God towards our neighbours, to the people that are hurting, that need God’s love in their lives.
- Our primary purpose on earth is to be united with Jesus and be like Him. Not to be ourselves. Our calling is to be Jesus on this earth, to be like Him, lead like Him, live like Him, love like Him.
If we are supposed to be like Jesus, loving others like Jesus, then what is it that stops us ? What is the love that we owe to somebody around us? If there is anything that we can do about it, then jump into action, because now is the time to do something about it!
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!