But if you don’t believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things? No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.
Series: Jesus’ Exclusivity in Salvation
Evangelism is nothing but us having a deeper revelation of who Jesus is. When we have a revelation of Who Jesus is, is when we get involved in a relationship with Him. When we get involved in a relationship with Him, is when we begin to experience life in every area of our being.
– How can we say that only Jesus can save? What is the unique thing about Jesus? What is it about Him that we should give Him so much attention and value?
– Jesus is saying that if we want to really know the truth- based on something that is real, based on His experience, based on what He knows, something that is unseen right now in this world but something that is in Heaven, because nobody knows the truth, nobody knows what happens beyond death- hear His Word.
– None of us know how it feels like to be dead, what happens in the world during death, what exists outside of the world. This is what Jesus is saying- none have returned but the Son of Man has returned.
– Jesus is not from this world. He has come down from Heaven. He has come down from a different world- from the Spirit world to the physical world. He has lived in that place in perfect unity with the Father. He has seen the things of Heaven, known the things of Heaven, and now has come down as a human being so He can relate to our emotions and to who we are. Now, when He speaks to us we can relate to Him, trust Him, believe Him, and understand Him.
– Jesus explains that this is why we should believe Him- because He is not of this world. All these religious teachers and leaders, these people that we look up to, whom we boast about and trust and depend on- they have not gone to Heaven and come back for us to really believe their perspective about God. But we have to believe in Jesus, the only One Who has gone to Heaven and come down for us to believe in. The One Who has heard the voice of God and what God has to say- that is Jesus.
This is why we can trust Him, why He is the only Person Who can bring us salvation, why He is our Lord, why He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. We better believe this because He has come down from the Father, and He is the only Way to have a relationship with the Father, the only Way to be saved.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!