Revelation 12:11 NLT
“And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.”
Series: Overcoming the Devil
What are the things we need to do to make sure we don’t fall prey to the temptations and tactics that the enemy throws our way to throw us off of our devotion to God and our destiny?
Things we learned:
1) We need to be men and women who submit to God.
2) We need to expose the lies of the enemy.
3) We need to depend on the blood of Jesus because there is a lot of power in His blood.
4) We need to confess the word of God.
Today we discuss the 5th point.
– One of the reasons we fall prey to the enemy and his lies is because, we are all lovers of ourselves and our lives, lovers of our own comfort and ways and things. Every time God tries to make a way for us, we are still stuck up in our own things and that’s why we don’t experience freedom.
– So we must pray, let not my will be done but Lord let Your will be done always.
– Jesus in fact said ‘ if anybody wants to follow Me, let him take his cross and follow Me. ‘
What does the ‘cross’ here, mean ?
The cross here means that we are willing to die everyday. People think coming to Jesus is easy and that we don’t have to do anything after coming to Jesus. In a way that’s true because the Holy Spirit is going to empower us, but every day of depending on the Holy Spirit also means requiring to die to ourselves. Apostle Paul said ‘I die on a daily basis ‘.
– Those who don’t love their own lives even to the point of death, they are overcomers. They are people that will not fall prey to the lies and temptations of the enemy.
– Jesus was tempted by the devil, if Jesus would have loved His life and given in to temptation, He would have failed. But the reason He did not fail is because He did not love His life more than anything.
– When Jesus was to be crucified on the cross, He asked if He could keep His life – ‘ take this cup of suffering away from me ‘, but yet He said to God ‘ may Your will be done ‘.
– If Jesus loved Himself and His life more than He loved us, He would not have been able to sacrifice Himself.
Who is it that we love the most in our life? Is it ourselves or the people that God has placed around us? Or is it Jesus that we love more than ourselves ?
So let us take this time to realign our lives and the desires of our heart.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!