Alive and Active
Hebrews 4:12 NLT
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on May 5, 2017
Series: Read Your Bible
We read our Bibles to know our Lord Jesus. The Hebrew 4:12 verse says that the word of God that we read everyday is alive and powerful.
- The Bible is not obsolete. When you read the word of God, you are interacting with an alive and active person and the Word will minister to you actively!
- It is sharper than any two-edged sword. It cuts everyone who comes in its way, not just the person reading it.
- Sometimes reading the Bible can be painful. Sometimes it separates us from our sin, from ourselves, from the people around us and from our strengths and our weaknesses.
- If you read the Bible considering it to be alive and active and give it the value of being a book that is speaking to you, then it will convict you.
- Even those deepest desires in our heart that we are not aware of, good or sinful, are exposed by the word of God.
- The word of God can separate the soul and the spirit. It can separate things that are spiritual from things that are emotional.
- Heed the word of God today to experience the blessing and healing it brings.
- You will also experience the wounds that it brings. Sometimes those wounds are necessary to bear eternal fruit.
Any plant that bears fruit, must be pruned and cut in the right places to grow to its fullest potential. May the Lord do that with your heart today as you yield to Him.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!