Love One Another
John 13:35 NLT
Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.
This podcast is repost, originally published on April 14, 2017.
Series: Marks of a True Disciple
In John 13:35, Jesus tells His disciples that our love for one another will prove to the worldthat we are His disciples.
- The mark of a church filled with true disciples is shown in the way they love, forgive and are generous to one another.
- Jesus is the best example of love. If that’s how our Master is described, as a disciple we should walk in love and be compassionate the way Jesus was.
- Many times we are preoccupied by ministry and things we have to do. Jesus shared the story of the good Samaritan who felt compassion for the man who needed help. This Samaritan was preceded by a priest and a temple assistant who ignored the man and went on their way.
- Often we get preoccupied in our pursuit of duties that we forget the most basic thing Jesus expects from us – To love God and the people around us.
- It’s not enough to love people we don’t know by donating or contributing to a good cause. Love the person who sits next to you, the person who’s been irritating you or speaking evil of you or taking advantage of you. Only a person who has been walking with Jesus and has an intimate relationship with Him can love this way.
- How much would you score on your love meter on a scale of 0-10? Are you someone who has enough love to be identified as a disciple of Jesus?
Mahatma Gandhi said he likes Christ but not Christians because they don’t have the character of Jesus. Let’s be a different generation. A generation of people who truly love one another. If we do, we will be the best example of being true disciples of Jesus.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!