Slave to All
1 Corinthians 9:19 NLT
Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on April 4, 2017.
Series: Paul’s Passion for Evangelism
Paul was passionate about reaching out to unbelievers.
- In this verse, Paul is not saying that he is going to start living a life of sin, or compromise in his purity in any way, but that he will try to be more relevant to the people he preaches to.
- This means that he would try to be more acceptable by people in order to minister the gospel to them by compromising on his preferences if needed but making sure it is not sinful.
- For example, there is a church which sends girls to pubs so that they could sleep with guys in order to share the gospel with them in the morning. This is being sinful and compromising their purity. However if one is made to work for an entire week without wages so that at the end he/she can share the gospel, he/she can go ahead and do that just to share Jesus with those people.
- Paul had an opportunity once to escape from prison but he stayed back and testified to the people there.
- This doesn’t mean that one becomes a people pleaser but that one makes it a priority to bring people to Jesus in such a way that his/her inconveniences don’t matter much and is willing to lay it all down in order to bring people to Christ.
One should be willing to go that extra mile like Paul was in his passion to see people being touched by Jesus.Hope this encourages you to go an extra mile for Jesus!
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!