I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: “O Lord, you are a great and awesome God! You always fulfill your covenant and keep your promises of unfailing love to those who love you and obey your commands.
We saw previously how Daniel depended on God through his prayer life which allowed him to find favour among different people be it the King, the Queen, or the other pagan nations. We continue, now, to study about Daniel’s prayer.
– When we are men and women of prayer, we don’t have to go about looking for people and their blessings. They come after us as they need a blessing and an opinion of God from us.
– Most of the times we try to tell God how good we are, but God says that “all our righteousness are like filthy rags.” (Isaiah 64:6) We cannot approach God with our righteousness. In fact, Daniel approached God trusting in His promise.
– Jesus taught us to pray in a similar manner in Matthew 5: 9 -10:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done.
On earth as it is in heaven.
– The first half of the prayer is about glorifying and praising God.
– The letters of Paul began with praising God, expressing his trust in God’s promises, grace, love and mercy.
– Prayer is not about telling God how, what, why, and when you need something, or telling God how good He is, but it is about expressing our trust in His promises, covenant, and Word.
– We need to start believing/trusting the Word of God in our life to see its fulfillment.
– What is faith? It is believing God for the unseen.
Start looking for promises from the Word of God for healing, breakthrough, and the finished work of Christ, and express your trust by believing the Word of God. Praying from a place of trust and belief will always ensure that God answers our prayers.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!