Give Me Discipline
Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives, to help them do what is right, just, and fair.
Series: Prayer for Bible Reading
- The purpose of this Book, or Word of God that we have in front of us is to not just read everyday and forget it but it has a deeper reason to why God has written this word.
- Here we are not just talking about ‘understanding’, but also about ‘obedience’.
Here we say, its not just that we want to understand your plans for our lives, but we also want the Grace to do what is right.
- Mercy and Grace are different. Mercy is God’s willingness to let go of our sin. Grace is God’s enablement for us to help overcome sin.
- We don’t go to God when we just need the ability to help overcome our sins, but we just pray to God for forgiveness when we’ve done it all and fallen into the mud. Point is, we rarely pray for Grace even before we go into the circumstances.
- We don’t need just wisdom and understanding of the verse but we need to be able to live a disciplined life, to be able to sleep on time and wake up on time, to be able to go to church every weekend, to commit a certain portion of my income towards His kingdom, to spend our personal time worshiping Him.
- God’s idea of success is much deeper than what we consider with our ‘Quantitative analysis’, God’s idea of success is that you do what is His will, nothing less, nothing more.
If we tether ourselves to this beautiful Book, we will experience success in every area of our life. God is waiting to teach us and give us success, so let’s live a disciplined and successful life. Not by our standards, but by our King’s standards.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!