If any nation comes to fight you, it is not because I sent them. Whoever attacks you will go down in defeat.
Series: Promise of Restoration & Protection
In this week’s podcast, we have been studying from Isaiah 54. The promise of restoration and protection, the result of studying and understanding that we have God who does restoration to all the losses of our life and that we have a God who protects us from all the schemes of the devil, we would fall more in love with him, surrender to him and submit to his desires. Listen to pastor Priji speak on “Go down in defeat” and be encouraged.
- Israelites were going through a time a time of pain and hardship as God had to chastise them because they had drawn themselves away from God. In that hurt, they had developed an understanding that God’s will for them is to destroy them, hurt and put them down.
- Even though they had attracted judgement and punishment because of their rebellion, God still had mercy over them and prove to them that His character is different them what they assumed. God spoke to them through Isaiah 54:14, “If a nation comes to fight you, it is not because I sent them. Whoever attacks you will go in down in defeat”
- This is exactly what God would like to do in your life too, he would like to restore you and protect your life from every threat that is coming in your direction.
- “If a nation comes to fight you, it is not because I sent them.” If God does not send anyone to fight us, then why do nations come to fight us. To make it more applicable to you, why sickness, pain, hardship, agony or harsh judgement. All we need to understand is the fact that we are unique and precious, because we are the worthiest creation of God, the enemy would always want to kill, steal and destroy us. The enemy comes to attack us from his own accord because he is envious of the privileges God has given to us.
- “Whoever attacks you will go on defeat.” Our God is a God who loves His children, anything that comes on your way to attack us shall go un harmed because he has promised that he will protect you.
- Although disciplining is a reality in the scripture, God’s chastisement according to the scripture is not by allowing sickness and harsh judgement upon us. He would allow his Holy Spirit to convict us and constrain us to the point we repent and get back on our feet and start loving God. He does it with love in His heart for us!
Today, God has given us the authority to overcome any challenges that has come on our way. No matter what comes on us way; sickness, condemnation hardship or pain, God will restore us and protect us.
Stay strong and continue to do great things for the Lord!
God bless you.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!