Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops.
Series: Danger of Gossip
There can be many root causes for a community, friendship or a church to fall apart, one big danger being ‘gossiping.’ In this podcast with Pastor Priji we are learning from the series called ‘Danger of gossip’
– What is gossip? The meaning of gossip is the following: “casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details which are not confirmed as true.”
– We need to ask God for a genuine heart to disconnect from all kind of gossips and all kind of talks behind the backs.
– In order for a fire to stay burning the need of wood is a necessity. But if wood isn’t available the fire stops. It’s same with the issue of gossiping, gossiping is the root for all kind of quarrels. If gossiping is uprooted there will be peace and harmony rather than quarrels.
– The Bible surely has a remedy on how to deal with this issue of gossiping. Confronting the person who is doing wrong or the person who offended you is the right thing to do rather than going around and taking behind their backs. If that person fails to listen, take someone with you and advice that person again.
– In case the person is continuing to do wrong which is causing harm to the community, then the issue could be addressed publicly to bring awareness and to avoid further issues.
Today let’s uproot all kind of gossips that is going around to develop a healthy work places, community, family or church that is full of God’s love and joy.
God bless you all!
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!