1 Kings 11:4
In Solomon’s old age, they turned his heart to worship other gods instead of being completely faithful to the Lord his God, as his father, David, had been.
Series: Solomon’s Early Mistakes
Solomon, though he compromised a lot in his life, yet he used his knowledge to stay away from idol worship which was the one sin that God hated the most. Solomon was the wisest person on earth, but the bible says that when he became old, he was swayed into worshipping idols.
Question: What are the things that cause us to come to a place of comfort and complacency?
– Sometimes we think that once we have reached a place we know that we can handle things and take a back seat and stop depending on God because of our experience. And this is the time we let the guard down.
– If you are not continually depending on God, all of your experience and knowledge will come to nothing.
– Thank God for all the blessings that He has given you, but don’t depend on them to such an extent that you think that you don’t need God anymore.
– The more God blesses you the more you got to depend on Him.
– The more God blesses you the more you need to have your guards up and make sure that you don’t fall prey to any of the traps that the enemy will bring against your life.
– At any point in life, not in old age or young, in good or bad days, not when you are in church or outside, you shouldn’t let your guards down.
– That is the moment the enemy is waiting to attack you because the bibles says that the enemy is walking around like a roaring lion looking for someone whom he may devour.
Dear Jesus, though we have so many resources, blessed sermons, teachings and books, we pray that this morning You will give us fresh grace that we will not fall prey to the same distractions that Solomon had that brought him down. We pray that even in our old age and uncomfortable times we will still continue to love and serve you faithfully. We give You all praise. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!