Do not spread slanderous gossip among your people. “Do not stand idly by when your neighbor’s life is threatened. I am the LORD.
Series: Danger of Gossip
Today we start a new series about the dangers of gossiping and discuss how it is against God’s idea of an ideal nation and church.
– Regarding relationships with people around us, it is needful to disconnect with behavior that is not from God and does not glorify Him.
– God says that slander and gossip are not to be tolerated in His family.
– Gossip is against God’s idea of an ideal nation.
– It is not when one tells another their fault. That is confrontation. Gossip is talking behind the person’s back.
– If one has something to say about a person, they must confront them and talk to them about it instead of to a third person to gain sympathy and pass pesonal judgments.
– If this was the standard in the Old Testament, the New Testament standard is greater, and the level of expectation higher.
– If we judged ourselves, we will not be judged (1 Corinthians 11:31). We need to inspect our hearts and criticize ourselves so that we are not criticized by God when we stand before Him.
One has to evaluate the words that are spoken along with the attitude and intention behind every word.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!