Confess & Pray
1 John 1:9 NLT
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on May 23, 2017.
Series: Praying for Forgiveness
- Jesus taught us about forgiveness.
- It is important for us to pray for forgiveness.
- It is important for us to expect forgiveness from God.
- We take our forgiveness for granted at times.
- Hence, Jesus taught us to ask for forgiveness every time we pray.
- As humans we easily fall prey to temptations that’s why Jesus teaches us about praying for forgiveness.
- The scripture says that if we are
‘willing‘ to confess.
- This scripture is not for the unbelievers, rather the believers.
- God expects repentance from an unbeliever but, for a believer God expects him / her to confess his / her sins.
- Though the price is paid for you on the Cross you still need to confess your sins and ask for forgiveness.
- You need to seek forgiveness from God if you’re in a broken relationship with Him.
- We don’t ask for forgiveness based on who we are or what we have done, but on the basis of who God is and what Jesus has done for us on the Cross.
- God is powerful,He is able to help you overcome, forgive and forget your sin.
- Sins that you aren’t willing to confess and let go are the sins that can weigh you down.
- There is power in confession, when you expose the sin in the light to God, He is faithful to forgive and cleanse us from all wickedness.
Live a life that is completely conscious of God’s forgiveness for you!
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!