I need Insight, Knowledge & Discernment
Proverbs 1:4 NLT
These proverbs will give insight to the simple, knowledge and discernment to the young.
This podcast is a repost, was originally published on July 5, 2017
Series: Prayer for Bible Reading
We have been learning prayers from the book of Proverbs asking God for wisdom, insight and understanding. We have also been learning about having practical knowledge, discipline and live successful lives and the Word of God is the key to remain successful.
In today’s podcast the scripture talks about insight, knowledge and discernment.
- We not only need the wisdom, understanding, and practical application from the word of God we also need these three things: insight, knowledge and discernment.
- Joseph, Daniel and his friends were people who had insight.
Question: How do you receive insight and divine knowledge?
Ans: It is from the Word of God through God. Divine knowledge is not received naturally and is not just mere information. It comes from God opening our eyes to see the hidden secrets in the Word of God.
- Insight is a motive or the intention about why we do, what we do.(Example: A certain behavioural pattern)
- Insight helps you get to the root cause of a particular problem or situation.
- Knowledge coupled with insight helps you look at things better.
- Discernment helps in making wise choices. We need to discern circumstances in life based on the word of God; the right from the wrong, the good from the bad.
- Insight, knowledge, and discernment work together and all three are essential.
Begin praying for insight, knowledge and discernment as you begin to read the Word of God. God bless you!
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!