Luke 11:8 NLT
But I tell you this—though he won’t do it for friendship’s sake, if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on Feb 7, 2017.
This week we are spending time, studying on the importance of continuous and persistent prayer. Here are some of the lessons we learn from Luke 11:8
- Jesus was the one who modelled persistence in prayer for us.
- Jesus taught us what to pray and how to pray it.
- Our prayers will be valid only when we are praying in the will of God.
- The story of the man who wanted to borrow food from his place, explains persistence.
- God allows and expects shameless persistence from us.
- Its not enough that we go to God when we need something from him, we should do that all the time.
- The closer a relationship we have with God, the easier it is to see our prayers answered.
- Being persistent in prayer is a sign of your close belief in the person and character of God.
We hope that you will make it your heart’s greatest desire to be willing to pray consistently more and more. If you have a testimony or story of what God did in your life through persistent prayer, make sure to mail and let us know.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!