Spirit is Willing
Matthew 26:41 NLT
Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!
This podcast is repost, originally published on April 27, 2017.
Series: Prayer for Temptations
We are often surrounded by voices and choices that can lead us away from our destiny in the Lord and cause us to lose focus from our identity. That is why it is necessary to pray over our temptations.
- Jesus said the above verse at a very crucial point in His life – right before being arrested and crucified. He says when you pray, even though there may be temptations, you will not give in to it.
- On a regular basis, we gravitate towards the desires of the flesh be it sexual, emotional, physical or financial needs. When our body is weak it is very easy to fall prey to temptation.
- The beautiful news is that our spirit is active and willing and as we pray, the spirit will gain complete control over our body. The body will be subject to the desires and demands of the spirit.
- The spirit you have within you is the new person God put inside you when you were born again. This spirit which is in alignment with the spirit of God has to rule your thoughts and desires and dictate everything you do.
- Remain alert and pray. Keep watch against temptations and pray. When you see a temptation coming, don’t ignore it, instead pray over it.
- Don’t be so naive that you fall into temptation without knowing. Pastor Priji has counselled people who said they fell into sexual temptation without knowing it. Be on guard at all times.
- The book of Peter says that the enemy prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Don’t be ignorant of the enemy’s schemes. Be alert and as you pray, the spirit will have the ability to overcome your temptations.
- Jesus taught this to His disciples at a point when they were losing hope and were about to make blunders.
Let the Holy Spirit who is in charge of our spirits rule our body, mind and emotions as we watch and pray.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!