The Honour of Your Name
Psalm 25:11,18 NLT
For the honor of your name, O Lord, forgive my many, many sins. Feel my pain and see my trouble. Forgive all my sins.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on May 22, 2017.
Series: Praying for Forgiveness
Welcome to another beautiful week of living in God’s favour, of walking with Jesus, of knowing the work of spirit in our lives.
- The more we become sensitive and responsive to what God wants to do in our lives, the more we will be able to grow in it.
- Greatest challenge that believers face is that they are ignorant about God’s plans for them.
- Lord’s Prayer: Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sinned against us. Is it necessary for us to pray asking God to forgive our sins? Hasn’t Jesus already forgiven our sins? Should we still pray for forgiveness? Any importance for praying for forgiveness?
- We need your touch, healing, deliverance right now because of everything that we are facing and we want you to forgive our sins.
- God doesn’t forgive us because of our repentance, faith, love, commitment to him.
- God knows how weak, fragile and broken we are. He does it for the honour of his name.
- His name is so great and powerful every time, He extends forgiveness it is His name that gets even more highly exalted and glorified.
- If we need forgiveness here’s a prayer: Lord for the honour and glory of your name because you are good, merciful, just, faithful, because you promised to forgive my sins on these accounts, because of what you have done for us so many times we justify our sins which does not work out in God’s courtroom. Only logic that works is what Jesus has done for us on the cross.
- On basis of expression of love of what God has done for us, we are able to have forgiveness, healing and deliverance in our lives.
- Justice of the Lord demands punishment of sins, but when we remind him that Lord the justice was served on Jesus 2000 years ago when Jesus died on the cross for us, He is faithful, the burden of sin is lifted off of our shoulders but we have to go not based on what we have done, but based on what Jesus has already done for us on Cross.
Have a blessed week!
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!