The Right Way
Psalm 25:4 NLT
Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.
This podcast is repost, originally published on April 25, 2017.
Series: Prayer for Temptations
- It is better to ask God for grace is better than asking Him for mercy. Praying before getting into temptations means asking Him for grace and His strength.
- Praying after getting into temptations is not easy as one is caught between the flesh, soul and spirit. It is therefore necessary to align one’s heart with God through prayer. The body will automatically then follow what the heart wants to do and the soul will respond to the spirit.
- In the above verse, the Psalmist asks God to show him the right path. This is an excellent prayer to pray as one begins the day.
- By asking God to show the right path, one asks for clear directions for what needs to be done next.
- Sin is missing the mark. When one does what he/she is not called to do or not do something that he/she is called to do, he/she sins, misses the mark and goes beyond what God has called him/her to do.
- In order to know the right path, it is necessary to pray and be attentive to what God says. God may speak through the word, or through prophesy, or a person, etc. Reading the Bible is one of the best ways to give God an entry point to speak.
- If one is intentional about receiving a word from God, He will speak in a greater measure. This is needed for overcoming temptations.
- When one prays, his/her heart prepares to receive an instruction or direction from God.
- It is not enough to only open up one’s heart to hear from God, but also to be ready to obey what He says.
- When one has nothing to do, it is very easy to be pulled towards sin. But when one continuously pursues God and does something meaningful in life, it is difficult for the temptations of everyday life to pull him/her down.
- When one is busy doing the will of God, he/she will seldom have to pray about everyday temptations.
People of God should pray that God shows them the right path and points out the road that they should follow. And when they do that, they should also be ready to hear from God and obey what He says.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!