Whose Battle is it?
1 Chronicles 5:18-22 MSG
[18-22] The families of Reuben, Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh had 44,760 men trained for war—physically fit and skilled in handling shield, sword, and bow. They fought against the Hagrites, Jetur, Naphish, and Nodab. God helped them as they fought. God handed the Hagrites and all their allies over to them, because they cried out to him during the battle. God answered their prayers because they trusted him. They plundered the Hagrite herds and flocks: 50,000 camels, 250,000 sheep, and 2,000 donkeys. They also captured 100,000 people. Many were killed, because the battle was God’s. They lived in that country until the exile.
This podcast is a repost, was originally published on August 8, 2017.
1 Chronicles 5 speaks about the battle with the families of Reuben, Gad and the half tribe of Manasseh against the Hargrites and their allies.
Few things to observe in 1 Chronicles 5:18-22 :
– They were on the other side of Jordan away from the promise land. They got something good and hence they settled there.
– They were physically fit
– They were skilled in sword
– They cried out to God
– They trusted in God
– They let the battle to be God’s
Even though they compromised for the ordinary where there was no favour of God, but yet they were physically fit.
1. How fit are you spiritually? Have you been feeding your inner man good food? Because that man doesn’t live by bread that we eat, but he lives by every word that comes out of the mouth of God.
2. Are you skilled in handling the sword? What is our sword? It is the word of God. Are you skilled at handling the word of God. Are you giving yourself to continually studying and understanding of the word of God?
3. Are you crying out to God in prayer and worship?
4. Are you really trusting God or are you trusting in yourself?
5. Whose battle is this? What is your life and circumstance all about? Is it your victory or God’s?
In this verse the bible says, many people were killed, they got a lot of plunder and they came out victorious. Why? because the battle was not theirs but God’s!
As long as your life is about God, His glory, His story and His name and fame, you will come out victorious. You are already more than a conqueror. It’s just a matter of time that it will manifest in your life everywhere you go.
If your life is all about you, then you will have to fight your battles, but if your life is about God then God will fight it for you. All you have to do is trust in Him and let Him have His way. Then you will see how struggle free your life is.
Promise: You will not be left alone in the day of battle. You will be able to stand up and say that God stood for you and fought your battle.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!