Luke 1:17 NLT
He will be a man with the spirit and power of Elijah. He will prepare the people for the coming of the Lord. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and he will cause those who are rebellious to accept the wisdom of the godly.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on June 21, 2017.
John the Baptist, represented a move of God and a revival in his time.
God expects us to have a separation/consecration to give birth to a revival.
We are also expected to be prepared and immersed in the presence of the Holy Spirit before revival comes.
In Luke 1:17, the verse speaks about John being a man with the spirit and power of Elijah. It goes on to describe how he would prepare the way for the coming of Jesus and restore relations between father and sons.
Let us believe for the revival that’s about to come would be in the same spirit and power of Elijah. What is the spirit of Elijah? The following points explain about the spirit of Elijah:
- Elijah claimed exclusive worship to God.
- His worship was public in nature.
- He had a level of walk with God and authority in words.
- He was exclusive in his devotion and also desired to see a nation with exclusive devotion to God.
The problem with the church is not that we do not bring people to God, rather we do not bring their hearts to God. Whenever there was a revival in the history of humanity it was never limited to a 2 hour Sunday service it went beyond that where people tarried through the night and the week.
- The first century church sold all their houses,property and savings and gave it to the apostles, giving their 100% to God.
- The verse goes on to explain he (John) will prepare the people for the coming of the Lord.
- The kind of revival which includes exclusive worship to God is a revival that would prepare us for the coming of Jesus.
- The verse goes on to explain about a restoration between the fathers and the children.
- When revival comes there would be a beautiful union.
- The revival will include not only us but the generation that has gone ahead of us and before us.
Let’s prepare our hearts and dream for a mighty and powerful revival in the spirit and power of Elijah!
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!