The Pure Worship
1 Kings 18:30 NLT
Then Elijah called to the people, “Come over here!” They all crowded around him as he repaired the altar of the Lord that had been torn down.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on March 15, 2017.
Series: Hosting Revival Through Worship
Then Elijah called to the people, “Come over here!” They all crowded around him as he repaired the altar of the LORD that had been torn down.
1 Kings 18:30 NLT Elijah calls the people and repairs the altar of the Lord:
- After Solomon, the kingdom got divide into Judah and Israel
- During the reign of Ahab over Israel, God raised the prophet Elijah
- The land at that time was filled with idolatry and false prophets and people had torn down the altar of the Lord
- First thing Elijah did when he got access to people was to repair the altar to worship God
What we expect:
- For God to come down and bless us and be seated on our worship
- We follow a formula and expect God to send fire, which doesn’t happen because such sacrifices are done on a broken altar
What breaks the altar of worship?
- Is the lifestyle of sin
- It was when Adam and Eve sinned that they felt like hiding
- It was when Saul disobeyed God, he started having problems with God
- It was when David sinned against God that he became arrogant and committed sin after sin
- Every time when there is a sin committed by any person in the bible, it has always been that they would do anything possible to cover it.
- God was not pleased with Cain and hence He was not pleased with His offering.
- If God is not pleased with our lifestyle, then He will not be pleased with our offering.
God spoke to Ezekiel and said, “I will take the desire of your eye from you” (Ezekiel 24:16) and the next day his wife died. Anything that takes more worship and disconnects you from God becomes the idol that you end up worshipping, even if it is God given. Take this time to evaluate whether God is prominent in your life or the things of your life is more prominent than God. Your worship brings and hosts the presence of God so its very necessary that you first rebuild the altar (lifestyle and your heart) before you give an offering of worship to God.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!