John grew up and became strong in spirit. And he lived in the wilderness until he began his public ministry to Israel.
Series: John the Baptist, the Revival
The scripture talks about John growing up and becoming strong in the spirit. The revival we have been talking about is a revival that would not fade away rather it will continue to grow in strength and in the spirit.
- A Holy Spirit movement needs to continue growing.
- The challenge with revival movements are – they finish within hours, days or years.
- Let it be our prayer that revival will continue to grow and sustain in our generation!
- Sustainability plays a major role in revival.
- Anything that’s born of the Spirit needs to increase and become stronger.
- The scripture goes on to say: ‘John lived in the wilderness until he began his public ministry to Israel.’ John was born in the spirit, baptised in the spirit but he did not jump to do ministry immediately.
- He chose to wait and prepare alone in the wilderness.
- It was necessary for John to be in the wilderness because he knew what he was carrying and in the wilderness he became a voice to the people who came to listen to him.
- When we choose to be faithful in submitting to God and serving God, people will come.
- A word of encouragement : If you’re called to do ministry in a place just do it. People would come from everywhere just as they came to listen to John.
- Start your ministry in private before it becomes public.
- As you begin your ministry with the small things, you will see people come into your life and receive the voice, the presence of God from you.
Let’s believe and eagerly wait for a revival that Jesus is about to send!
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!