United in Spirit
Ephesians 4:3-6 NLT
Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,one God and Father of all,who is over all, in all, and living through all.
This podcast is a repost, originally published on Feb 23, 2017.
Series:Living in Harmony
Today we are going to look at the foundations about :
What are the things that unite us with someone else?
The Scripture says:
- God expects unity in the Spirit.
- Paul says ‘make every effort to be united in the Spirit’ – Unity happens when you’re founded on the same doctrine,rooted in the same Master,following the same faith and the same glorious hope that fills our heart.
- Verses 4-6 talk about One Body.Irrespective of people having different churches – The Church is one body.
- When we understand the pain of hurting your own body : That’s when we need to get intentional about being one in the body.
- While being caught up in arguments we need to remind ourselves that we are not against each other but for each other,we are not fighting each other but fighting that one thing which is outside,because we are one body.
- When we remind ourselves that we are one body,the attitude about being greater than the other is laid down.
- The same Holy Spirit lives in this one body (The Church) which is at work in every place.
- We have been called to this one glorious hope – To be like Jesus.
We hope this podcast has encouraged you.Enjoy being one with your brothers and sisters!
Let us know how this podcast has blessed you.
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!