Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
Series: Jesus’ Exclusivity in Salvation
Ques: What is Salvation ?
Ans: Salvation means to be saved from something, towards something.
We are all subjected to sin in this world that we live in; which is why we see so much evil, pain, hurt, wickedness, and destruction. Which is why we need salvation to change us from this wicked life and lifestyle, into something, towards a glorious hope!
– What gives us salvation? What gives us that level of hope in our lives? Will going to rehab help? Can changing our job help? Can moving to a new city help?
Ans: All these things could help, but none of these things can bring us Salvation. (Acts 4:12)
– Jesus makes a firm, ultimate, absolute statement about Himself.
– We may see Him as a good Bible teacher, as a religious Scholar, as Someone Who feeds the hungry, as Someone with powers, but Jesus says, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.”
– What does “the Way, Truth and Life” mean ?
We are all looking for the way- the right path- continually in search for the way to live our life, to find better purpose in life. But Jesus says, “I Am the Way”. He doesn’t say, “I am giving you a way”, but, “I Am the Way”.
– He doesn’t say that we have to first become a member of a church, get baptized, do great things, speak in tongues, baptize people and do certain things to be saved, but all He says is to come to Him and through Him.
– He goes on to say, “I Am the Truth”.
We can never believe anything or anybody else but Jesus, because the only one qualified to provide an answer to every other definition of life, of marriage, of the world, why the world exists, why we love, why we look like how we look, etc, is Jesus. The truth comes only from Him. Don’t believe anything outside of what Jesus says.
– “I Am the Life”.
Who doesn’t want life! We all want it. So many times we are all alive and breathing but are internally dead. Outward we are functioning, but inwardly- dead, which is why Jesus says, “I Am the Life”. Jesus says we need Him, not that He needs us. He loves us, but we need Him.
Let’s us receive this Word that Jesus is the only Person Who can save us, our family members, the people around us, the people we pray for. “None can come to the Father, except through Me”. We all know the Father- the One above everything else. If we want to have a relationship with the Father, then Jesus is the Way to Him, Jesus tells us the truth about the Father, and Jesus gives us life in the Father.
This verse is absolutely vital in understanding the path to God.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!