Wine or Holy Spirit?
“for he will be great in the eyes of the Lord. He must never touch wine or other alcoholic drinks. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even before his birth.”
Series: John the Baptist, the Revival
What does it take to carry and give birth to a revival?
Luke 1:15 says, ‘He will be great in the eyes of the Lord.’
– There can be no revival in this generation if that doesn’t have favor in the eyes of God.
– If we want to be successful, somebody that catches the attention of God, then we need to be great in the eyes of God and great in the favor that God gives us.
– Noah, Job and Abraham walked blamelessly before the eyes of God.
Luke 1:15 says, ‘He must never touch wine or other alcoholic drinks.’
– The wine that we think to be very much often alcoholic drink today was back then a common drink of the day, a part of every meal and it was not a bad thing to drink wine back then only if we’re not getting drunk. But God was expecting John the Baptist to give up even the normal ordinary desires of life.
Luke 1:15 says, ‘He will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before his birth.’
– This is why God wanted John The Baptist to avoid even the normal desires of life, so that he can be filled with the Holy Spirit even before his birth.
– The reason we are not so full of the Holy Spirit even before our birth or even through our life is because of the fact that we are so full of everything else, so full of our education, our careers, our relationships, our everyday pleasures of life like watching cricket, movies etc. and the more we give into other pleasures of life, the more we do not allow the Holy Spirit to have space in our life.
Let this generation’s prayer be that we will be like John The Baptist who was filled in the Holy Spirit even before he was born, which means that even before the revival comes, it will be birthed in the Holy Spirit. The preparation process, the prayer, fasting, preaching and everything that go into the birth of the revival will be rooted and founded in the presence of the Holy Spirit.
And let people of God rise who will walk blamelessly, with humility, maturity and understanding that no other generation before it has had.
Hope this podcast has blessed you. Please do share it with your family and friends.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!