Cost Me Something!
1 Chronicles 21:24 NLT
But King David replied to Araunah, “No, I insist on buying it for the full price. I will not take what is yours and give it to the Lord. I will not present burnt offerings that have cost me nothing!”
This podcast is repost, originally published on March 23, 2017.
Series: Cheerful Giving
Giving is an expression of joy and worship.
- One should give to honour God and not just to be members or leaders of a church.
- When Araunah tried to give King David his land, he replied saying that he wouldn’t present an offering to the Lord that has not cost him anything. David had sinned and didn’t want to worship God by offering something that costed him nothing.
- In the New Testament, Jesus has paid for everything with His blood and there is nothing that can be offered that is greater than His sacrifice.
- However, at times one still has to give to God sacrificially even though that may never come close to the sacrifice of Christ.
- In the first century church, everyone sold their possessions and gave the money believing in the power of God and in sacrificial giving. The church didn’t lack anything.
- Sacrificial giving moves the heart of God. Jesus was moved by the widow who gave two copper coins sacrificially than many other rich people who gave a lot of money.
- One should ask God to know the one place in their life in which they could worship God sacrificially, and in doing so prepare to receive a mighty outpouring of the fire of God that’ll consume the offering.
God bless you.
Don’t forget to share this podcast and bless someone today!
Partner with us in our dream for revival. Your generosity goes towards supporting our initiatives to reach out, serve & transform lives.
If you’d like to be a monthly partner & would like to contribute towards missions trips in India and Africa, please write to us here.
Subscribe to Another Day with Jesus!
If you would like to receive this podcasts right into your phones, you could subscribe to it on a regular feed reader like feedly, or on a podcasting app like iTunes or easier still you could receive it by WhatsApp. Click on the links below to subscribe!